Tuesday 25 October 2016

Menu For today

Ginger Chicken Porridge Recipe

Oh My Ghost_Ginger Chicken                             
Ingredients:
– Thinly sliced chicken (white meat works the best)
– Fresh ginger root, cut into slices and/or strips
– Romaine lettuce, cut into strips
– Leftover white rice (or uncooked rice, if not pressed for time)
– Salt, for seasoning
– Scallions, for garnish
 Oh My Ghost_Ingredients                            Step One: Fill a small pan with water, turn on high heat, and drop the ginger in. (That way, you’ll really get the benefits and flavor of the ginger.)
 Oh My Ghost_Porridge1                                           Step Two: Immediately add the rice. (You’ll want to estimate putting less rice than you would normally eat since the rice will “swell” the longer it is cooked.)
 Oh My Ghost_Porridge2                                           Step Three: Wait for it to boil, then bring it down to a slow simmer on low heat.
 Oh My Ghost_Porridge12                            Step Four: Carefully watch over the porridge as it simmers to a nice and thick consistency, stirring occasionally to avoid the rice sticking to the bottom of the pan.
 Oh My Ghost_Porridge7 
Step Five: Add the thinly sliced pieces of chicken. (To make sure it’s cooked thoroughly, separate any slices that may have stuck together by stirring and gently mixing. If needed, add a small amount of water to avoid a porridge that is too dry.)



Oh My Ghost_Porridge8 
































Step Six: When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, season the porridge with a simple dash of salt to your preference. Stir gently.


Oh My Ghost_Porridge10 
Step Seven: Toss in the strips of romaine lettuce. Once it’s gently stirred in, immediately turn off the heat. (Otherwise, it will wilt and turn yellow.)


Oh My Ghost_Ginger Chicken 
Step Eight: Carefully transfer your delicious porridge into a bowl and garnish with a pinch of scallions if preferred.
Eat And Enjoy ! :p

 This porridge has always filled me with warmth and is an insta-cure for any of my symptoms. It’s simple, light, and delicious! I hope that your smile is as beautifully tender as Na Bong Sun’s on your first bite and that it’ll bring you fond memories of the characters we’ve all come to love in “Oh My Ghost.”



No comments:

Post a Comment